You are able to withdraw your KiwiSaver contributions, your employer’s contributions, any returns on investment and any member tax credits (you must leave a minimum balance of $1,000.00 in your account) if;
- You have you been a member for 3 years or more?
- You are buying your first home.
Is this your second home?
You may still qualify. If Housing New Zealand determine you are in the same financial position as a first home buyer.
HOUSING NEW ZEALAND HOMESTART GRANT
- You are able to apply for this if;
- You are over 18.
- You are a first time home buyer.
- You are a member of Kiwisaver (or other complying fund).
- You have made minimum member contributions for the last three years.
- If you are buying on your own, your income is less than $85,000.00 gross per annum.
- If two of you are buying, your combined income is less than $130,000.00 gross per annum.
- You have a 10% deposit (this can include your Kiwisaver funds and this HomeStart Grant and gifts from family members).
- You are buying one of the following property Title arrangements;
- Fee Simple (usual)
- Stratum Estate (A unit)
- Cross – Lease (cross lease)
- Leasehold (Improvements only)
- Maori Land (with Court approval) (we can advise on this)
- If buying in Christchurch the purchase price doesn’t exceed $500,000.00.
- If building / buying a house and land package the purchase price doesn’t exceed $550,000.00.
We are experienced in guiding our clients through the process of using their Kiwisaver and applying for a HomeStart grant Call us Today
So you’re looking at buying your first home (or second)...
This is a mockup. Publish to view how it will appear live.